Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The End of the Matter

I was listening to Carrie Marshall's new CD Redemption and the song The End of the Matter touched me.
http://www.carriemarshall.net/fr_about.cfm

There are times when I look to the day to day things in life and I wonder where it all leads to? We struggle to balance our life, sometimes struggling to keep our head above the waters of life. Last week would have been a perfect example. A death, a funeral, commitments galore at the church, a retreat. I was so tired, the well was spiritually getting low.

Well, today I can say.... Welcome to Life! I brush out the clutter of my mind and think.... This is my life. The depth of who I am is not in the narrative of one day, or even one week. It is the sum total of all my days, all my weeks, all my hours. All those simple moments that reflect the love of God in my life. My heart tenders.

Running to Him who loves me, I long for the hands that hold my spirit. I find the refreshment of love in looking out my window onto the garden as everything is coming up; as it does each spring. The leaves of the cherry tree makes shadows, letting the light filter in allowing the cat to find a warm spot on the rug. These moments of refreshment sustain me.

In the end, as Carrie sings "There's just one thing that really matters...Do I love you" The sum of the matter is all that I am is His. I am His and He is mine. Yes, I do love you, with all I am and all I will be..

No comments:

Post a Comment